Take Up New Chores
Life in Purple Challenge
Get to know what it’s like to be a PH caregiver by taking on new or extra chores around the house.
Link to PH
People with PH are easily fatigued and can be limited in their ability to do chores around the house (even simple chores like making the bed can be challenging). For this reason, caregivers often take on the brunt of domestic chores, which can cause stress and fatigue.
Use this Life in Purple Challenge to relieve someone you love of one of their chores and you’re sure to get double the reward when they let you know how much they appreciate your efforts!
Share Your Challenge
Use this sample post to spread the word about your challenge!
“I am participating in the #LifeInPurpleChallenge for #PHAwarenessMonth by [insert your challenge] for [insert time frame]. Please support me by making a donation to @PHACanada here [insert the URL of your personal fundraising page or www.phacanada.ca/lifeinpurplechallenge.ca/donate]. Thank you for helping me raise #PHAwareness.”
Challenge a PHriend
- Pick a PHriend and a Life in Purple Challenge
- Challenge your PHriend through social media, email, or in person
- Invite your PHriend to use their Life in Purple Challenge as an opportunity to “challenge” others to donate to PHA Canada. Collecting donations is easy using our Life in Purple Challenge fundraising tools
- Support your PHriend – cheer them on, spread the word, and encourage donations!
- If you PHriend can’t take the Life in Purple Challenge this year, invite them to support you anyway by making a donation to PHA Canada in your honour
- Then challenge a new PHriend to get involved!
Take the Challenge
- Pick a Life in Purple Challenge
- Start a personalized fundraising page to help you raise funds and #PHAwareness
- Share your progress with your friends, family, and social networks
- Collect donations from your supporters
- Have PHun!