Take the Stairs
Life in Purple Challenge
Walk in the shoes of someone with PH by challenging yourself to take the stairs instead of the elevator for a set length of time (e.g. one week, one month, etc.).
Link to PH
Walking up a flight of stairs or even a short distance can be difficult for people who have PH. PH can cause someone to feel tired, out-of-breath, or dizzy with exercise, significantly limiting their options for staying active.
Taking this Life in Purple Challenge is an easy way to get in shape! It might be difficult at first, but after a while, this challenge might not feel so challenging anymore!
Share Your Challenge
Use this sample post to spread the word about your challenge!
“I am participating in the #LifeInPurpleChallenge for #PHAwarenessMonth by [insert your challenge] for [insert time frame]. Please support me by making a donation to @PHACanada here [insert the URL of your personal fundraising page or www.phacanada.ca/lifeinpurplechallenge.ca/donate]. Thank you for helping me raise #PHAwareness.”
Challenge a PHriend
- Pick a PHriend and a Life in Purple Challenge
- Challenge your PHriend through social media, email, or in person
- Invite your PHriend to use their Life in Purple Challenge as an opportunity to “challenge” others to donate to PHA Canada. Collecting donations is easy using our Life in Purple Challenge fundraising tools
- Support your PHriend – cheer them on, spread the word, and encourage donations!
- If you PHriend can’t take the Life in Purple Challenge this year, invite them to support you anyway by making a donation to PHA Canada in your honour
- Then challenge a new PHriend to get involved!
Take the Challenge
- Pick a Life in Purple Challenge
- Start a personalized fundraising page to help you raise funds and #PHAwareness
- Share your progress with your friends, family, and social networks
- Collect donations from your supporters
- Have PHun!