Donate Your Time
Life in Purple Challenge
Volunteer some of your time to help someone – whether someone close to you or a complete stranger. For example: offer to babysit for a family member, cook a neighbour a meal or help them run some errands, or help a friend finish a special project. You could also volunteer for a local community group or charity.
Link to PH
Living with PH takes time. Due to the need to pace themselves and conserve energy, folks with PH may need more time for everyday tasks or may have to spread their activities out over longer periods of time. Caregivers take on additional responsibilities taking care of the family, leaving less time for everything else. Meanwhile, recurring medical appointments and clinic visits eat up considerable amounts of time and energy for both patients and caregivers.
Use this Life in Purple Challenge to spread some periwinkle love around you. Why not help out a PHighter you know?
Share Your Challenge
Use this sample post to spread the word about your challenge!
“I am participating in the #LifeInPurpleChallenge for #PHAwarenessMonth by [insert your challenge] for [insert time frame]. Please support me by making a donation to @PHACanada here [insert the URL of your personal fundraising page or www.phacanada.ca/lifeinpurplechallenge.ca/donate]. Thank you for helping me raise #PHAwareness.”
Challenge a PHriend
- Pick a PHriend and a Life in Purple Challenge
- Challenge your PHriend through social media, email, or in person
- Invite your PHriend to use their Life in Purple Challenge as an opportunity to “challenge” others to donate to PHA Canada. Collecting donations is easy using our Life in Purple Challenge fundraising tools
- Support your PHriend – cheer them on, spread the word, and encourage donations!
- If you PHriend can’t take the Life in Purple Challenge this year, invite them to support you anyway by making a donation to PHA Canada in your honour
- Then challenge a new PHriend to get involved!
Take the Challenge
- Pick a Life in Purple Challenge
- Start a personalized fundraising page to help you raise funds and #PHAwareness
- Share your progress with your friends, family, and social networks
- Collect donations from your supporters
- Have PHun!